It’s taken me forever to get down a schedule of workout consistency, and it’s a question I get asked about a lot too. It’s mainly because if you’re following the BBG program, you know that there is a workout every other day, and you’re supposed to do LISS (see definition below) on the off-days in between. So that doesn’t leave a lot of time to do any other workouts if you’re following the program to a T! However, I always crave variety in my life, so I’ve created my own plan which incorporates several other types of workouts in addition to BBG. Here’s a recap of my current schedule, where I can fit in all in without having to be crazy and work out 3x/day!
Since I’ve done both BBG 1 & 2 already, I’m going through all of the BBG 2 workouts a second time, slowly (2 workouts a week) and doing my own workouts the other days! Here’s my current schedule. I even made a video recap for you guys!
- Sunday – BBG 2. Yesterday, was week 18 arms. I still struggle with decline push-ups but I’m getting stronger every day, one push-up at a time!
- Monday – I love making up my own challenges, and most of the videos you see are filmed on a Monday. Some of the things I LOVE are wall mountain climbers, swingset pikes at the park, a swiss ball, or creating variations!
- Tuesday – LISS. LISS = Low Intensity Steady State. i.e. slow jogging or walking. On nice days, I get outside. When it’s raining, I walk/jog inside on a treadmill.
- Wednesday – I try to incorporate yoga into my fitness routine. It’s helping me to manage stress, improve flexibility, and take it easy from the high intensity of Sunday, Monday and Thursday.
- Thursday – BBG 2 workout. This Thursday I’ll be doing BBG week 18 abs! I love going through these workouts a second time, because I get a chance to perfect my form and see how I’ve gotten stronger!
- Friday – Lagree megaformer! I love it because the movements are controlled with an emphasis on proper form (and as you know, I’m really into form)!
- Saturday – Rest day! It’s my chance to recover, spend time with my fiancee, and catch up on laundry. I mentioned that I was trying out @persilproclean after my favorite fitness bloggers said it was rated #1 for smelly workout clothes by a leading consumer testing publication. I tried it, and it smelled good AND got my clothes super clean! (I got it at target online, where shipping is always free with a redcard. If you want to use the same $2 off coupon that I used, click here – spreading the love!) One tip for washing sports bras is to put them in a mesh lingerie bag to keep them from getting misshapen. Gotta keep my gym clothes looking nice because I hardly own any other clothes! lol
So there you have it, my week! Hope you guys get a chance to slay your workouts, try something new, get outside, or just have fun!