This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. All opinions are my own.
It’s January, and it’s time to kickstart a brand new year of healthy and nutritious goals! Most of you guys know that I love mealprepping to save time during the busy work week and also continue eating healthy and within my macros. Chili is one of my favorite things to mealprep because it can last in the fridge for 4-5 days and it reheats very well. Often the last day tastes even BETTER than the first, because all of the delicious flavors are magically mingling together in the fridge! By incorporating Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey, which is nutritious natural, delicious, and a lean source of protein (93% lean), I can continue eating mindfully and reach my goals!
I decided to adapt this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo by swapping out the beef with turkey, since I’m trying to eat less red meat. Ground turkey is a healthy and leaner alternative to ground beef, and is an easy substitute! I also added beans (because I love them), however it no longer makes the chili paleo. But whether cooking paleo meals or not, I always make sure I buy organic free-range meat that has no antibiotics, hormones, or steroids like Foster Farms Ground Turkey. And with that, let’s get cookin’, good lookin!
What’s great about the instapot is that it cuts down the cooking time by quite a lot – this recipe only took about 15 minutes! But if you don’t have an instapot, never fear, because you can still make this (it just takes a little longer). Instead of using ½ cup bone broth, use 1 cup; and you will need to simmer it in a stockpot under medium-low heat for 1 hour or more.
Here’s how I made this! I would definitely recommend topping it with some cilantro, fresh onions, and maybe even avocado!
- 2 pounds Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup bone broth
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait about 5 minutes. Once the metal insert is hot, add ghee butter or olive oil
- Pour in the the onions and bell peppers and cook them until they are softened
- Stir in the tomato paste and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add in the Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- When most of the turkey is almost all the way cooked(5 to 7 minutes), stir in the chili powder, oregano, and cumin
- Toss in the beans, drained diced tomatoes, bone broth, and fish sauceLock the lid and cook under high pressure for 15 minutes. (In other words, press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button and set the time for 15 minutes under high pressure.)
- When the chili is finished cooking, release the pressure naturally. Enjoy!